Don't Quit Your Day Job to Become a Stripper!

You're probably wondering why I, of all people, would discourage girls from "quitting to become a stripper"? I'm not. I'm telling them straight out, don't do it! It's a slippery slope. If it's something you've always wanted to try, cool; don't quit your job! If your day job sucks and you want to make more money, cool; don't quit your job! This is the absolute FIRST mistake that "baby strippers" make. Why do I say this? Because that's what I did and I wasn't ready. The first month, give or take, EVERY baby stripper makes "new girl money"; even veteran dancers make that money when they start at a new club. What happens when that "easy" money stops and you realize you have no hustle? No talent? Or lacking something else crucial to this job..

I get it. You're young and enthusiastic. You've never made $500 in one night before, all in cash. You're loving the attention and guys racing to the stage to watch you. You say, "Screw my bullshit job. I'm quitting so I can dance full time!".. NO! STOP. RIGHT. THERE!!! Here's why...

1) ALL guys, especially club regulars are intrigued, and instantly drawn to the new girl. It happened to me when I came back from having my baby and I've been at my current club for 7 years! I left for a year to have my baby and came back to the equivalent of "new girl money", because new cuatomers had no clue who I was, and old customers were excited to see me back. That lasted for about two months and then it went downhill. It went back to the usual inconsistency in money that is an unfortunate part of dancing; especially on "bad mental days" when my brain just cannot compute any information and I can't form a coherent thought to save my life!

2) Slow your role!!!! Too much enthusiasm can lead to burn out. Girls think, "Oh, I can do this 6 days a week, and be rich!"... WRONG!! The more you work, the harder you work yourself, and eventually you WILL get burned out. Exhausted, sick of men's shit, and tired of never knowing what to expect when you walk through those doors. Most of us look like braindead zombies outside of work because we're physically, mentally, and emotionally drained. These men will suck the life out of you if you let them, and we all hit that point when we wonder where we went wrong in life (nowhere.. BTW). As I said, I LOVE what I do.

3) You may not have what it takes. Can you handle slow days when you walk out with $20 after 8 hours of killing yourself? Can you handle the slow seasons when days like that come around more often than not. Can you handle being molested from time to time? Can you handle a rude customer who talks to you like you're trash? Can you handle having every part of your body picked apart? Men telling you you're not good enough? Not pretty enough? Can you handle walking off stage after 4 songs, getting fully nude, and only making $1? Or NO tips at all? Can you handle girls spreading rumors, talking shit, and being bitches? Can you handle when a new girl comes in and cleans house while you're scraping together your stage fee? Can you handle being broke from time to time? Can you handle being treated like shit and disrespected by co-workers and customers every once in a while? Can you handle it while sober, or do you have to be fucked up in some way? Drugs, alcohol, etc.?

If ANY of the answers to those questions are "no", you're not ready until it's a hard "yes". You'll only find that out if you try but remember it's not for everyone, it takes a certain kind of woman, specific skills, and an ability to put up with a whole lot of bullshit. In the meantime, don't quit your day job to become a stripper. Give it a year and THEN decide; if you make it that far. 💜

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Advice for Baby Strippers; if I Can Do It, Anyone Can.

If You're Still in the Industry- Heed the Advice of Retired SWs- Get Your Shit Together!

Really? Let Me Dumb it Down!